It’s the time of year once again for this annual community event, with runners starting in Lelant, running through Carbis Bay and reaching the finish line at St Ives Guildhall: yes, it’s the St Ives Fun Run – Saturday 20 May 2017.
Traditionally, the event brings together a variety of individuals, groups and teams from the community, and with the emphasis on ‘fun’, runners of all abilities are most welcome to take part.
In previous years this event has proved to be a valuable way for organisations and clubs to raise their profile in the community and can be an effective way to raise funds for a local charity/cause of your choice. In addition, (if any more incentive is needed!) certificates will be given to all entrants who complete the route and there will be prizes given for:
– the person who raises the highest amount of money from sponsors.
– first boy up to 11 years old.
– first girl up to 11 years old.
– first boy aged 12 to 18.
– first girl aged 12 to 18.
(1) Entrance is FREE. Runners are asked to complete and return the entry form – available from the Town Council Office and from the website.
(2) You can take part as an individual or as a team. In addition to running or walking, you may wish to run in fancy dress, use a novel mode of transport etc- this is, of course, allowed and encouraged!
(3) Runners are encouraged to raise sponsorship money for the charity/local organisation of their choice. Sponsor forms are available from the Town Council and also are available online.
(4) Runners under the age of 7 years must be accompanied by an adult. All children remain the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times.
(5) There will be marshalls along the route who may give instructions in the interests of safety – please follow these instructions and keep to pavements and footways whenever possible.
(6) All Runners are advised to obtain a policy of insurance for participation.
(7) This is a Fun Run – not a race.
Start time: 10.00am
ROUTE: The Saltings Road – Green Lane – Church Lane to the former Heatherbell Motel – turn right into St Ives Road to Treloyan Avenue – The Terrace – Tregenna Hill – Guildhall (finish)
Organised on behalf of the community by St Ives Town Council
Contact: Jeremy Ward
Support Services Manager
Telephone: 01736 797840
Please click here for an Rules and Entry Form
Please click here for Sponsorship Form