St Ives Library – Outreach Adult Education FREELANCE CONTRACT
Research & Development Project Manager | Fee £2500
Phase 1 – Outreach Adult Education Research & Development Project:
St Ives Library and the Friends of St Ives Library (FOSIL) have created this project as St Ives Education Hub having worked together over a number of years to deliver high quality education courses and experiences in the Library setting.
FOSIL identified the lack of local opportunities for adults to access good quality, affordable education and as St Ives Education Hub were awarded a National Lottery Community Fund grant to ‘extend informal and formal learning opportunities’.
The impact of the past two years has highlighted the need for a consultation project in order to better understand the current needs of St Ives residents and the best possible delivery outcomes to support their health and wellbeing. Phase 1 must identify audiences, venues, delivery partners and required outcomes.
This consultation project must be delivered with an innovative understanding of adult education and engaging the public, resulting in a clear plan of actions.
St Ives parish, including St Ives town, Nancledra, Lelant and Carbis Bay, provides the catchment area for engagement and as a delivery area. The Library building is a venue, but not the venue.
Phase 1 will require travel around St Ives in order to consult with relevant parties and can be based at home/working remotely, in St Ives Library or a flexible mix.
Phase 1 outcome requirements:
• Overview of current state of adult education delivery in St Ives parish highlighting gaps, potential and required aims.
• Databases of potential venues, deliverers, partnership organisations (with GDPR clarity on who will be given access to this)
• Clear plan of delivery priorities with evidence of need/demand and delivery options and partners.
• This can be presented in any suitable format to demonstrate the work conducted and to show a clear pathway of required actions for delivery.
• Work to be completed and presented by July 1st 2022 with progress update w/c 20th June.
Phase 2 – Programme delivery and evaluation – to be appointed and delivered in response to Phase 1.
Cultural Services Manager, St Ives Town Council
With support from Friends of St Ives Library (FOSIL) and the Senior Library and Community Engagement Officer, St Ives Town Council.
Essential candidate requirements:
• Good communicator across a variety of methods
• Strong St Ives contacts and parish knowledge
• Experience of delivering and/or programming adult education
• Evidence of previous outcomes
• Provision of two references
16th May – Expressions of interest deadline
June – Conduct work
w/c 20th June – Progress update
1st July – Report back with completed project
Please contact Nastassia for more information and to have an informal chat
Tel: 01736 796297
Please fill in the application form below and return to the Library or email: email@example.com