Discover Smartphone Photography 8 week project in St Ives 2021
10.45 AM – 12.45 PM Thursday 9th September
St Ives Library, Gabriel Street, St Ives, Cornwall TR26 2LX
Make it Better (Mitber) CIC will be holding weekly workshops and location visits that explore the exciting world of Smartphone Photography. We will be getting in touch with our creativity; visiting and photographing in the local community. Each week we will take home a photographic challenge and our prints will be displayed in an exhibition at the end of the project. We will ignite a passion for photography and after the initial project carry on with our meetups around Cornwall.
This project is for:
- People who want to engage more and socialise with their local community.
- People who want to improve their understanding of their phone’s capabilities.
- Camera users/enthusiasts who want to apply their photography abilities to their smartphones.
- People who want to ignite their creativity
We will look at:
- What makes a good photo, editing and the digital darkroom.
- The law, rights and responsibilities of photographers.
- Social media, saving, sharing and adjusting photos for different platforms.
- Telling your story and saying something new about the world around us.
At Mitber we understand the benefits creativity has on mental health, the pandemic has particularly shown us how vulnerable we are to isolation and depression. Our Photography Project allows us to form the social connections needed to facilitate caring conversations, making us more able to share or help others share the painful feelings that can lead to suicide.
The founder of Mitber, Ruth Purdy, studied Fine Art in Birmingham followed by a Photography MA at Falmouth and, as a trained educator, has taught photography and art at all levels. The projects in 5 towns are funded by Cornwall Council, Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group ‘Suicide Prevention innovation Award’ and the Arts Council England (ACE).
Please see the link below and images attached for some of the incredible work produced by these projects:
Sign up via Eventbrite or contact us for more details