After many years of community fundraising, in 2021, St Ives finally got a state of the art concrete Skatepark at Palemon Best Recreation Ground, Penbeagle Lane. Designed and built by Maverick Industries, it opened in May.
The design process was led by skaters and the result is a fantastic park which combines technical features – the challenging bowl and the unique Hepworth vortex – can you skate the vortex ? with lots of spaces to welcome in skaters of all ages and skills. It truly is a community project to be proud of. Don’t just take our word for it, hear what ROSPA have to say:
Things you need to know before you visit
- Getting there. Parking is very limited – please park further away or use our cycle racks. If you are travelling to St Ives to skate then read the plan here: Travel Plan
- Know your limits – before tackling any of the challenging features
- There are site rules (link here) in place
- Please respect and love our park. So much hard won investment has gone into it. Our site is beautiful so please keep it that way
- CCTV – there is on site CCTV for everyone’s safety
- Floodlighting – the floodlighting cuts out at 10 pm in the Winter months. Please don’t skate in the dark !
- A skatepark ranger on site in the Summer months. Please raise any issues or concerns
- To report any problems, damage or concerns, use our report it form.
The skatepark has a vibrant community Facebook page filled with events – follow them on St Ives Skatepark Project