You may have heard the exciting news about the new state of the art concrete skatepark at the recreation ground. Building will start early January 2021 and be finished in late May.
You can see more details and view the plans on the St Ives Town Council website:
The Town Council own and manage the recreation ground as the trustee of a charity and we’ve been approached about having a shipping container café, alongside the new skatepark. (A shipping container takes less time to build and can be moved if it doesn’t work out).
We’d like to hear your views:
- Do you support the idea of a café at the rec?
- Do you have any comments about the detailed proposals (see below)?
- Is there anything you’d like to see included or changed?
We want to hear from as many people in the town as possible. Your views will help us decide whether to go ahead.
Contact us by:
Messaging us through our Facebook Page facebook.com/stivestccornwall
Phone: 01736 797840
Post: St Ives Town Council, Guildhall, Street an Pol, St Ives, TR26 2DS
Responses by: Sunday 6 December 2020
PALEMON BEST CAFÉ PROPOSAL
- Two shipping containers (powered by renewable energy if possible)
- Commercial kitchen & service area
- Indoor seating/lounge and adaptable spaces
- A toilet facility
- Outside garden/seating areas views over play park and skate park
- External drinking water facilities (humans and dogs)
- Security cameras over cafe and skate park to deter anti-social behaviour
- Full disabled access (wheelchair/ pushchair friendly)
- Two training courses in catering and hospitality including EHO approved, Level 1 & 2 Food Hygiene Certificates