St Ives Town Emergency Road Closure
Due to the fire on Wharf Road, and the on-going traffic management issues in Fore Street, Cornwall Council Highways Authority have decided to implement an emergency road closure from Friday 11th December. We ask that everyone works with this. It is unavoidable and based upon the need to ensure the public’s safety.
The closure will be from Library Corner, Tregenna Place and will mean that there will be no easy access to the town centre, apart from essential access for residents and services. With some important differences (see below) the road closure will operate as it did over the summer and will be fully staffed from 11am to 4pm daily. The aim will be to re-open the roads as soon as possible but this is wholly dependent upon necessary works to make the building safe being complete and we anticipate this being at least a week.
- Roads will be closed between 11am – 4pm daily
- Access will be granted to residents with passes from 2020 summer safety scheme
- Emergency Care Services
- Essential food deliveries to residents
- Access to Taxis with vulnerable resident passengers
- Access to Royal Mail
- Roads affected are Tregenna Place, High Street, Fore Street, Wharf Road and the Island
Please note: During these times, access will strictly be for essential travel only. There will be no access for deliveries or access to work, passes for businesses will NOT be in effect due to the nature of the situation. All deliveries MUST BE arranged before 11am or after 4pm or parked up and walked through. We ask businesses to advise their suppliers as there can be no exceptions.
- Non-essential deliveries will be able to drop off at Market Square
- Cleaning Teams will only be given access before 11am and after 4pm
- Any non-essential delivery for heavy items arranged around the road closure timings and alternative options arranged. If this is not possible contact St Ives Town Council on 01736 797840 Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm to discuss otherwise the delivery will be turned away.
We do ask for your co-operation and understanding of this unforeseen situation and work to ensure the safety of everyone in the town. Thank you.